Your reservation is a legally binding contract and by making a reservation you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions as set out below.
Changes in Terms and Conditions due to Covid-19
We do hope that all our guests are continuing to stay safe and well.
Please note this document has been written in accordance with current Scottish Government guidance however requirements may change as new guidance is published.
Last updated: April 2021
We continue to take bookings via our website or booking sites.
We are almost booked out for 2021 and already seeing a high number of bookings for 2022 so if you have a particular week that you would like you may wish to reserve your accommodation sooner rather than later.
We strongly advise that you take out travel insurance to cover your holiday should you need to cancel due to a change in circumstances.
Our usual terms and conditions apply.
If at the time of your arrival there continues to be Government Mandated Restrictions which by law do not allow you to travel, then we will move your booking to a future date or issue a refund.
Yes, the Check-in time on day of arrival is now 5pm and departure at 9am. Please adhere to these times and don’t arrive early, we are needing more time to clean the guest house.
You must tell us straight away if you or any member of your party has symptoms. You will be expected to return home immediately for both your own and our safety. We will not accept any responsibility for any matters beyond our control or for any COVID-19 related matters that occur whilst you are staying in the property. If you have to self isolate in the guest house we regret that we will have to charge for extended occupancy.
You can cancel your booking at any time. You should try and move your dates first if possible. Your refund will depend on when you cancel, how close to your holiday start date and your reason.
We continue to work with our normal terms of business (see our cancellation policy below). You can also move your booking to a more suitable date in 2021 or 2022 if available. Please be aware that moving the date to a different week could result in a change in price. You will need to check with your travel insurance to find out if you are covered for cancelling your booking.
You will need to check with your travel insurance to find out if you are covered for cancelling your booking. We regret that we will not be offering refunds. We will endeavour to help as much as possible in terms of offering a change of dates.
You can cancel bookings that are more than four weeks away. You will need to check with your travel insurance to find out if you are covered for cancelling your booking outside of our normal Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- A deposit of 50% of the total cost of the accommodation is payable at the time of booking.
- A non refundable deposit of 50% becomes payable at time of reservation for the full period booked, with full payment due 6 weeks before date of arrival.
- For bookings made within 6 weeks of the due date of arrival full payment is required at the time of booking.
- Changing the booking to a different date could mean a change in price.
- In the event of a cancellation four weeks in advance of arrival date, all money will be refunded.
- In the event of a cancellation within four weeks up to eight days of arrival, 50% of the full payment made will be refunded to you.
- In the event of a cancellation within seven days of arrival, the full payment will be forfeit.
- In the unlikely event that we have to cancel the reservation due to circumstances beyond our control, we will provide a full refund of the money you already paid. No further financial claims will be considered.
Payments can be made via bank transfer to our business account. The details will be given to you in the booking confirmation email.
Arrival and Departure times
- In order that the property can be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for the next arrival, departure time is 9 am with arrival being from 5 pm.
- You can arrive at any time after 5 pm on the start date of your holiday.
Number of the Party
- You must inform us of the number of people staying in the property and at no time must this exceed the number agreed at the time of reservation.
- We reserve the right to refuse admittance/and/or cancel the booking if this condition is not observed.
- No visitors are allowed without the prior consent of us. We reserve the right to require payment due to extra costs (e.g. use of the private road).
- Vehicles, baggage and personal belongings are at the Hirers risk at all times.
- No responsibility will be accepted for loss or damage to any belongings or its contents.
- The use of the private road to reach the guest house and parking in the car park is used at your own risk.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome in the guest house that state this in their details. We have a lot of free range animals with no fences between them and the guest houses.
- Only 2 dogs are welcome in the Cottage.
- We request that dogs are not allowed upstairs or on the furniture and that all trace of them is removed from the garden and the property at the end of the holiday.
- Pets must not be left at the property unsupervised this can result in considerable damage and distress to the pet.
- We reserve the right to require payment due to additional cleaning if needed.
All bed linen and towels are provided for the number of guests staying in the guest house.
We reserve the right of entry to the properties at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out repairs or maintenance.
The use of amenities are used entirely at the users risk and no responsibility can be accepted for any injuries to persons, or loss, damage to any belongings of persons who use them.
- Please do inform us as soon as possible if you have a complaint with your accommodation or if you find that anything is faulty within the accommodation that needs our attention, so that we can assist and repair or make alternative arrangements. Due to the limited period of hire, it may not be possible to repair such items during the period of hire.